Wholistic Shark Cartilage™ is a powerful, all-natural animal health product that helps support normal joint function, especially in older pets. One tsp contains 1500 mg of pure shark cartliage which is a natural source of chondroitin. We use no artificial ingredients, additives or fillers.
We do not source any of our shark cartilage from any illegal fishing methods to which we, ourselves, strongly object! Rest assured that our shark cartilage is obtained from legallized fishing methods where the shark cartilage itself is processed from the remains of edible fish. Fish export licence No. 167 and fish processing premises licence No. ph35 and ph528 which show that the company adheres strictly to the standards laid down by the Fish Exporting Licensing Regulations of 1982 and the Fish Export Premises Regulations of 1995.
- Shark Cartilage
Shark Cartilage (Chondroitin sulfate) helps protect joints by inhibiting the degradative enzymes that destroy articular (joint) cartilage. Shark cartilage, which is primarily composed of chondroitin sulfate, is best known for its anti-angiogenesis properties. Without inhibiting the growth of new blood vessels in the joints, calcification occurs and the body becomes unable to heal damaged joint tissues. Chondroitin decreases the degradation of cartilage as glucosamine rebuilds it. Our shark cartilage is obtained exclusively from legalized fishing methods.
- Directions for use
- Dogs 2-30 lbs...............1/4 teaspoon
- Dogs 31-60 lbs.............1/2 teaspoon
- Dogs 61-90lbs...............3/4 teaspoon
- Dogs 91 lbs and over.....1 teaspoon
The testimonials and reviews listed here are provided for informational purposes only. Listed product reviews are solely the opinions of the reviewer, and should not serve as a substitute for professional medical advice. This website and all statements found within it have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Always consult your veterinarian before using any supplements or health products for pets.
I believe in this!
- We rescued (what we believe to be a Golden Retriever/Bernese Mountain dog cross) at one year old. Six months later we discovered he had one of the rarest forms of *edited for claims* a dog can get - thyroid *edited for claims* . They removed the tumour but the margins were not clean. Meaning there was a chance the *edited for claims* had spread. So we started him on what was supposed to be 4-6 treatments of chemotherapy. However, his system is very sensitive and he could not tolerate the chemo at all. So we stopped treatment after 2 sessions. Shortly thereafter I ran into a neighbor, who said he had a dog that looked just like mine. He told me that at 8 years old his dog was diagnosed with *edited for claims* and had two surgeries to remove the tumours. He said he read up on canine *edited for claims* and put him on shark cartilage daily (and nothing else) after his surgery & kept him on it for the rest of his life. He didn't do anything different other than giving him the shark cartilage daily. No diet or other supplement changes. He told me his beloved dog lived to be 18 1/2!!! And when he died he didn't die of *edited for claims*! That was all the testimonial I needed! I read up on it too, and have had my dog on wholistic shark cartilage ever since. He just turned four and has been completely *edited for claims* free since. *edited for claims* So I hope with continuing him on shark cartilage, I will be lucky enough to be celebrating my dogs 18th birthday too! I also love how this is sustainably harvested. I won't use any other shark cartilage! So I'm very happy with this product, and being its a canine supplement with dosage guidelines specifically for dogs - is very helpful too! Love this prouduct!!!
As a supplement alone, I did not see *too* much improvement in my *edited for claims* Labrador. However, when used in conjunction with Joint Mobility Complete w/ Green Lipped Mussel - there was a significant amount of improvement compared to when each supplement was used alone.
Expensive, but great to have a product like this.
Write Your Own Review